If you’ve had the pleasure of a professional facial, you know how rejuvenating it is not just for your skin, but for your mind. It can also be expensive and difficult to work into your schedule. But it’s easy and nearly as rejuvenating to give yourself an at home facial. Why not treat yourself?
At home, you choose the products you use so you know exactly what is going onto your skin. When you use natural and organic skin care products you benefit from what nature has to offer:
- shea butter (from the pit of the karite fruit from the African mangifolia tree) moisurizes, heals and protects
- aloe leaf juice with glycoproteins soothes and heals
- plain hot water for steam – an all natural pore cleaner
- jojoba from the seeds of the desert shrub jojoba; acts as an antioxidant, is high in nutrients & essential fatty acids, highly emollient
- evening primrose oil anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, protects, nourishes, and is beneficial towards atopic dermatitis
- mango butter soothes and softens
Take special care when designing your skin care regimen. Choose organic skin care products to ensure that they don’t have unnatural chemicals and other additives that may harm your skin. Organic means grown or produced without unnatural chemicals, hormones, or other additives. And organic skincare products typically exclude fragrances and perfumes, dyes, and preservatives. Chemicals and additives in skin products may cause breakouts or irritation.
Organic skin care products use natural ingredients to benefit your skin in specific ways. I’ve listed some of those ingredients and the benefits they offer below.
Now gather everything one place and close the door; you’re ready for some soothing alone time.
First, set the mood:
- Turn on some relaxing music.
- Slip out of your clothes into a comfortable robe.
- Pull your hair back into a pony tail or push it away from your face with a comfortable headband.
- Light a soy or beeswax candle in a relaxing, natural scent like lavender, chamomile, or ylang ylang.
- Add a lemon slice to a tall glass of cool water to refresh you during your facial.
You’ll need the following (note ingredients to look for when choosing your products):
- a gentle, yet effective makeup remover (aloe vera juice and mango butter); we love Just Natural Anti-Aging Makeup Remover click image below to learn more.
- a gently but effective cleanser (avocado fruit oil and evening primrose); we love Just Natural Gaiana Sensitive Skin Natural Soap click image below to learn more.
- a natural skin polishing agent to deeply exfoliate your skin (shea butter, jojoba beads); we love Just Natural Jojoba Beads Facial Polish click image below to learn more.
- a clean, dry washcloth (towels made from bamboo are naturally antibacterial)
- a natural, alcohol-free toner to smooth, balance, and clarify (aloe and yarrow); we love Just Natural Natural Facial Toner All Skin Types click image below to learn more.
- a deeply nourishing facial moisturizer (sweet almond butter, rose hip oil, and lavender); we love Just Natural Anti-Aging Facial Butter click image below to learn more.
- Cleanse: First, remove your makeup remover. Then wash your face with a gentle facial cleanser.
- Exfoliate/Polish: Apply skin polish in a circular motion over your face and neck (be sure to buy a gentle one if your skin is especially sensitive). Then rinse and pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Steam (pore cleaner): Fill your clean sink with fairly hot water; dip your washcloth in to completely soak it and then ring it out. Press the warm, wet washcloth to your face. Relax. Leave the cloth in place for a few minutes. Repeat.
- Tone: Apply an organic toner to smooth, balance, and clarify. Apply toner to cotton ball or lightly spray over face and neck and gently smooth away any impurities.
- Moisturize: Massage a generous amount of soothing and replenishing moisturizer to your face, ears, and neck.
- Enjoy your rejuvenated mind and body.